Working Student Legal (f/m/x) – 50%
You’re looking for a chance to gain real life experience alongside your law studies. Maybe working on research for one of the big firms doesn’t appeal to you? You’d prefer to get deeper into the workings of a thriving startup whilst doing something good for the planet. At Carbonfuture you will have a chance to put all your legal knowledge into practice plus gain practical experience on top.View all Listings
You’re looking for a chance to gain real life experience alongside your law studies. Maybe working on research for one of the big firms doesn’t appeal to you? You’d prefer to get deeper into the workings of a thriving startup whilst doing something good for the planet. At Carbonfuture you will have a chance to put all your legal knowledge into practice plus gain practical experience on top.
What you'll do
As part of a small internal team working with an external law firm when required you’ll get involved in all the legal matters and challenges a growing start-up faces.You’ll work globally supporting our offices, colleagues, and operations in DACH, the US and further afield as we continue to grow.
· Support the board, management and the company as a whole in solving legal challenges
· Act as the liaison between the business and our external lawyers on complex matters
· Deal with everything from contracts, compliance, employment law to IT & Data security
· Take on your own projects when you’re ready
· Bring your own ideas and make suggestions based on your research and expertise
What we offer
· Gain first hand experience of how an internal legal team operates and the questions and challenges modern start-ups face
· A job that will look great on your CV and the possibility to join us on a more permanent basis after your studies
· A ground-breaking business with a nearly foothold in the carbon removal industry and the ability to have a real impact on climate change
· Small but rapidly growing global team with a shared mission to tackle climate change
· Flexible working hours, WFH and the office in Freiburg
· Nice colleagues and a friendly, open and inclusive environment
· You will find keen climbers and outdoor lovers in all our locations who regularly get together for after work adventures
What you bring to the table
· You have already completed a few years of your legal studies and are able to research legal issues independently
· You are confident you can already handle the basics of German Law
· You can work at least 15 hours per week
· Self-motivated and well organized
· Environmental and climate protection are close to your heart
· Fluent German with a good level of English
· You’ve had basic working experience in Legal through Internships or other Student jobs
Carbonfuture makes carbon removal from the atmosphere simple, trustworthy, and scalable. Our digital platform and financial services enable a new class of scientifically defensible carbon removal credits while unlocking a path to financial scale for carbon removal businesses globally. The carbon market – a powerful lever of climate impact – is built on trust, and we’re building the trusted infrastructure we believe will be essential for our clients' lasting success and, ultimately, for the success of our joint effort to solve the climate crisis.
We started in Freiburg im Breisgau(Germany), have hubs in San Francisco and Zürich and consider the world our oyster. Our ambition and rapid growth have been recognized and fuelled by recent investments raised, totalling 8.4 M €. As a result of this growth we are looking to strengthen our team as we ramp up to the next phase of scale and climate impact.
Did we spark your interest? Apply here
We look forward to hearing from you!